STEPS TO APPLY
Submit the following materials to the Office of Undergraduate Admission:
- All students interested in applying for Fall 2015, or later, must complete the Kennesaw State University electronic application for admission and pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Incoming international freshman students must submit official scores from the SAT or ACT.
- International students must also submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
- Request that your official transcript(s) be sent directly from your school(s) to a SPSU approved professional evaluation service. Evaluations are required of all international transcripts regardless of visa type. Upon graduation or completion of the semester, an update of the evaluation will be required.
- All students applying for in-state tuition must verify lawful presence in the United States.
If you have submitted an application to SPSU within the last year, you may not need to apply again. Please use the Entrance Term Update Form to update your existing application. You will be notified by email if you need to complete a new application. Admission deadline dates apply.
General international admission requirements:
1. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency. The English proficiency requirement may be fulfilled by meeting one of the following:
- Minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Minimum overall band of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
2. Meet visa requirements: for a student visa (F-1), complete a Financial Affidavit showing ability to meet financial obligations of tuition, fees, and living expenses (letters of financial support must be current—less than one year old—and must accompany the Financial Affidavit).
Financial Affidavit forms may be obtained from here.
3. Request that your official transcript(s) be sent directly from your school(s) to a SPSU approved professional evaluation service. Evaluations are required of all international transcripts regardless of visa type. Upon graduation or completion of the semester, an update of the evaluation will be required.
WES ICAP service will provide an electronic course by course evaluation including copies of the required official transcripts.
Josef Silny & Associates will provide a course by course evaluation including copies of the required official transcript(s). The student must request an additional report to go directly to SPSU. Student reports do not include copies of the transcript(s) and will not be accepted.
Contact individual agencies for pricing.
5. SPSU requires international students on F-1 visa to purchase the endorsed SPSU international student insurance policy. Payment of this fee is mandatory and along with payment of tuition and miscellaneous fees. Purchase of this insurance policy is mandatory each semester.
6. Students transferring from an international institution are required to complete a Transfer Verification Form verifying your enrollment at your previous institution. Please submit this form to the ATTIC.
Interested in a graduate degree?
For international graduate admissions requirements, please visit the international graduate students page.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DEADLINES
Your application and all supporting and required documents must be received by the following deadlines.
Fall - March 1
Spring - September 1
Summer - February 1
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
Apply as early as possible to allow time for all documentation and processes to be completed. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing, once your completed application packet is received. You may check your admission status by logging onto BANNER Web.Transferring to SPSUYour application and all supporting and required documents must be received by the above deadlines.
Once accepted, students transferring with college credit from any international college or university are required to submit course descriptions (i.e., university catalog or copies of course syllabi) prior to having their credentials evaluated by the Admissions Office (please provide certified translations if originals are in a language other than English).
Please complete the Supplemental Transfer Credit form and submit it with any courses you would like to have evaluated for credit. You do not have to provide descriptions for courses that will not be required for your degree program at Southern Poly.
Official documents must be sent directly to SPSU at:
Southern Polytechnic State University
Attn: Undergraduate Admission
1100 S. Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060
Official SAT or ACT scores must be sent directly from the testing institution to SPSU. The testing websites are:
SAT 1 Test
SPSU's Institutional Code for the SAT is 5626.
SPSU's Institutional Code for the ACT is 0865.
Living on Campus