» SPSU Home / Office of the Registrar / FAQs

Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar
Building B
1100 South Marietta Pkwy
Marietta, GA 30060
Phone (678) 915-4200
Fax (678) 915-7292

How To...

Order Transcripts

Order an Enrollment Verification

Order a Degree Verification

Calculate Your GPA

Apply for Readmission

Interpret Math Assessment Test Results

Change Your Name

Declaring A Deactivated Minor


Current and former Southern Polytechnic State University students may order official transcripts by clicking on the National Student Clearinghouse link in their BANNER account.  (If unable to access your BANNER account, please click here - My Student Center by the National Student Clearinghouse.)  Please note: Although transcripts are ordered via the Clearinghouse,  they are printed and mailed directly from the Registrar's Office at SPSU.  The transcript fee is $4.25 plus any applicable delivery fee (outlined below). All transcripts include your entire academic record without exception. We cannot issue a transcript if you have any financial indebtedness to the University. 

Transcript Delivery Options Fee
Hold for Pickup $0
Mail $0
UPS 2nd Day Air - United States $25
UPS 2nd Day Air - Canada & Mexico $35
UPS 2nd Day Air - International $45

An unofficial copy of your transcript can be obtained online through the BANNER student information system also.


Southern Polytechnic State University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for providing enrollment and degree verifications.  Please note: Your verification will not be released if you have financial indebtedness to the university.

Enrollment Verifications - Students can print official enrollment verification certificates free of charge using the National Student Clearinghouse link in their BANNER account.  All certificates include the student's anticipated graduation date.

Degree Verifications - Degree verifications can be printed for a fee of $7.50 directly from My Student Center by the National Student Clearinghouse.

If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar's Office at 678-915-4200 or



Calculating your cumulative grade point average (GPA) is fairly simple.  First, you must calculate your quality points.  Each grade you receive is worth a number of points per credit hour as follows:

A - 4 points
B - 3 points
C - 2 points
D - 1 points
F - 0 points

If you take a 4 credit-hour course, and make an A, you have earned 16 quality points.  If you earn a B, you have 12 quality points.  Of course, if you earn an F, 0 times any number

Determine the number of quality points for each course, then add up the total quality points you have earned.

Next, simply divide the total quality points you have earned, by the total number of hours of credit for which you have received a grade.
Here is an example:

A student earned the following grades for the indicated number of hours:

Grade Credit Hours Quality Points

Total Quality Points = 36

Total number of credit hours for which a grade has been earned = 14

GPA = 36 divided by 14 = 2.57

A 4 4 x 4 = 16
A 2 4 x 2 = 8
C 3 2 x 3 = 6
F 3 0 x 3 = 0
B 2 3 x 2 = 6

  • Courses earned in a remedial status do not count in either GPA.
  • Courses applied toward CPC deficiencies do not count in either GPA.
  • If you are a graduate student, undergraduate courses do not count in your graduate GPA.
  • There are other GPAs, for example, the Hope GPA.

If you have both quarter work and semester work, it is not a simple matter of adding the two GPAs together and dividing by two.  To get an accurate GPA, you either have to convert the quarter work to semesters or the semester work to quarters.  A semester hour is about 1.5 quarter hours.  We suggest you don't try this at home.



 23 or lower MAT 1 & 2 

Placement MATH 1111 (College Algebra) 

24 or higher MAT 1 & 2 

Placement MATH 1113 (Pre-Calculus)

26 or higher MAT 1 & 2
and 8 or higher MAT 3

 Placement MATH 2253 (Calculus I) or
MATH 2240 (Survey of Calculus)




To change your name, please bring your written request along with a copy of supporting documentation (marriage certificate, court order document, divorce decree, or passport) to the Registrar's Office.


As a part of the NewKSU, several minors on both campuses have been 
scheduled to be deactivated.  These minors will no longer be available to 
students to select or complete after Fall 2015.  If you are currently pursuing 
one of the following Marietta/SPSU minors and haven't declared it, please 
contact your academic advisor to discuss your plans to declare it, AND email to request that it be added to your Banner account.  The 
requirements for these minors should be completed at the end of Fall 2015 
(even if your graduation will not occur until later). 
The deadline to declare one of the minors below is July 29, 2015. 
Marietta minors being deactivated: 
- Accounting 
- Business Administration 
- Business Administration/Entrepreneurship 
- Business Administration/Finance 
- Business Administration/Management Information Systems 
- Chemistry 
- Global Communication 
- History 
- International Business 
- International Studies 
- Latin American Studies 
- Leadership and Organizational Communication 
- Management 
- Management of Operations and Technology 
- Marketing 
- Pre-Law
- Professional Writing 
- Public Policy 
- Spanish 

Facebook Twitter YouTube