2010 - 2011 Undergraduate Catalog

» SPSU Home / 2010 - 2011 Undergraduate Catalog / Policies & Regulations / Academic Regulations and Administrative Procedures / Enrollment Verification and Student Status

Enrollment Verification and Student Status

Students desiring that their enrollment status be reported to an outside agency such as another university, or an insurance company, should request an enrollment verification from the national student loan clearing house. Student status is reported to the NSLCH as follows:

Note that the federal government and some other agencies have different definitions of student status. For example, without regard to the above table, all undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 hours to qualify for most types of financial aid (HOPE excepted).

  • Part-Time Less than 6 hours
  • Half-Time 6, 7, or 8 hours
  • 3/4 Time 9, 10, or 11 hours
  • Full-Time 12 hours or more