Staff Council Minutes
November 13, 2012
11:30 AM – A-204
Present: Tara Adams, Cinthia Barnett, Barry Birckhead (Advisor), Jenny Brown, Bobby Burk, Alberta Cook, Sharon Hodge, Stephanie McCartney, & Lyndon Pitman
Absent: Jeff Bernard, Ann Lay, & Arthur Vaughn
- The meeting was called to order at 11:41 am by Bobby Burk.
- Foundation Account: $4364.98
- Agency Account: $2518.00
- Money for the carnations for Breast Cancer Awareness has not yet been taken from either account as Ann Lay is on leave.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes
- September 2012 Minutes – approved
4. New Business
- Meg Dillon – Faculty Moderator (Bobby)
i. The Donated Leave Policy (DLP) has been approved by the faculty with the addition that vacation leave is also written as annual leave.
ii. The next step is for the DLP to go before the Senior Staff, then the President.
- Mary Phillips Retirement (Alberta Cook)
i. It was agreed upon by all that letter(s) and a gift from Staff Council should be given to Mary at her retirement party for all of her dedicated service over the years. For all those wishing to write a personal letter, it must be given to Bobby by November 20th.
ii. Sharon Hodge moved to spend up to $100 for a present. It was seconded by Alberta and unanimously approved.
- Training (Alberta)
i. The training sessions for Banner, i-Strategy, and Degree Works went well
ii. Another session of trainings need to be planned for Spring 2013.
iii. Steve Hamrick is retiring in August 2013.
- Donated Leave Policy (DLP) (Ann Lay)
i. An error was discovered in the “Donation of Leave” section. Ann will fix it and submit it via e-mail for approval by the SC.
ii. The next steps include approval from the Faculty Senate. Their next meeting is September 20, 2012. Ann will contact Meg Dillon to have it put on the agenda.
- University System of Georgia Staff Council (USG-SC) Conference (Alberta)
i. The conference went well and was enjoyed by all in attendance.
ii. Next year the conference will be hosted by North Georgia College.
- SPSU Holiday Luncheon (December 10th) (Alberta)
i. The Stuff-A-Bus campaign will happen again. Donations can be made from Dec. 3rd-7th with pick up happening on December 7th at 2:00 pm.
ii. The Social and Community Building Committee requested a door prize donation from Staff Council to be given away during the holiday party. Jenny Brown moved that two $25 gift cards be purchased and donated as gift cards. Alberta seconded and the motion was approved.
Movement to adjourn meeting
- The meeting was adjourned at 12:22 pm.