Staff Council Minutes
January 17, 2013
2:00 PM – A-204
Present: Cinthia Barnett, Jeff Bernard, Barry Birckhead (Advisor), Bobby Burk, Sharon Hodge, Ann Lay, Stephanie McCartney, & Lyndon Pitman
Absent: Tara Adams, Jenny Brown, Alberta Cook, & Arthur Vaughn
- The meeting was called to order at 2:08 pm by Bobby Burk.
- Foundation Account: $4341.98
- Agency Account: $2518.00
- Vicki Moody was reimbursed $23.00 from the Foundation account for the funds she donated at the University System of Georgia Staff Council (USG-SC) Conference.
- The total cost for Mary Phillips’ retirement gift will be taken from the Foundation Account (~$90.00).
- Ann Lay will check to see if Marietta Flowers has been paid for the carnations distributed during Breast Cancer Awareness in October.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes
- November 2012 Minutes – approved with suggested edits from Sharon Hodge.
4. New Business
- Lee Denim Day (Ann)
i. Ann thanked everyone for their help and efforts collecting money for Lee Denim Day. The total amount donated was $589.00
- Staff Council Spring Meetings (Bobby)
i. The date for spring meetings will be either the 2nd or 3rd Thursday of the month beginning at 2:00 pm. The exact dates will be decided at each successive meeting.
ii. Next month’s meeting will be on February 21st.
- Administrative Professional’s Day (April 24, 2013)
i. Committee: Jenny Brown, Sharon Hodge, Ann Lay
ii. The committee members present at the meeting are requesting ideas for speakers/activities.
iii. Once an initial agenda is set, the committee will apply for funding from the Professional Development Fund (PDF).
- Open Forum (Bobby)
i. In order to have a representative from transportation and parking services, they need to be supplied with a list of specific questions in advance.
ii. Barry Birckhead suggested that President Lisa Rossbacher and the Senior Staff be invited so pertinent questions from the SPSU Staff can be addressed.
- Degree Completion program (Bobby)
i. A Phire form was sent to Senior Staff for approval.
- Donated Leave Program (DLP) (Ann)
i. The DLP has a final draft that has been approved.
Movement to adjourn meeting
- The meeting was adjourned at 2:45 pm.