There are atoms, and there is void. All else is opinion.
--Democritus, 460-370 B.C.E.
As a SPSU chemistry teacher, you will learn to do the following:
- Use the state and national curricula to give the students the foundational understanding of chemistry needed in a modern world ;
- Guide students to understand the material world, and how and why it fits together;
- Get them to work in teams;
- Show them how to collect data using technology, and how to analyze those data in graphs and tables;
- Get them to see the world as scientists see it;
- Challenge them to apply concepts and solve problems.
Talk to someone in Teacher Education to evaluate your transcripts to determine what you need to take to become a teacher.List of Required Courses (pdf)
Check out these websites:
American Chemical Society (ACS) & their links to teaching