Strategic Goals of the University System of GeorgiaThe School of Computing and Software Engineering is a unit within Southern Polytechnic State University, which is itself an institution within the University System of Georgia. The CSE Strategic Plan therefore has to be consistent with both the strategic plan of the University System of Georgia and that of Southern Polytechnic State University.
The strategic plan of the University System of Georgia lists the following six strategic goals:
- Renew excellence in undergraduate education to meet students' 21st century educational needs;
- Create enrollment capacity to meet the needs of 100,000 additional students by 2010;
- Increase the USG's participation in research and economic development to the benefits of a Global Georgia;
- Strengthen the USG's partnerships with the state's other education agencies;
- Maintain affordability so that money is not a barrier to participation in the benefits of higher education;
- Increase efficiency, working as a System.