September 2011 Progress Report
The primary progress to report for the 2010-2011 period is the revision of the CSE strategic plan, following the revision of the SPSU strategic plan. In addition, CSE agreed to some minor revisions of its vision and mission statements, essentially to draw greater attention to the highly dynamic nature of the field of computing. This change was also reflected in both the actual goals in the CSE strategic plan and in the slight re-formulation of some of the goals that "survived" the revision of the strategic plan.
The original plan listed four goals, namely
- Increase the number of CSE graduates to better serve the community
- Increase the awareness of computing as an enabler of other disciplines
- Increase the visibility of CSE in the community
- Create an environment that empowers CSE stakeholders to better support the mission of the School
- Increase the number of CSE graduates who are well prepared for work and life to better serve the community;
- Increase the awareness of computing and its highly dynamic nature among the other disciplines;
- Increase the visibility of CSE in the community;
- Recognizing the highly dynamic nature of computing, secure additional resources to help CSE achieve its mission;
- Encourage faculty and student research into all aspects of computing and its applications.