Alcohol: Top Ten Reasons NOT to Drink!
TOP TEN REASONS
NOT TO UNDERAGE DRINK AT SPSU….
10. It’s the Law. You must be 21 to purchase or consume alcohol.
9. Zero BAC tolerance for underage drivers.
“You Drink & Drive. You Lose.”
.8. 60% of college women who have acquired a STD were under the influence
of alcohol at the time they had sex.
7. 24.5% of those who start drinking at age 17 or younger develop alcohol dependence.
6. Alcohol is a factor in the three leading causes of death –
vehicle crashes, homicide and suicide – for people ages 16-to-20…
about one death every 2½ hours on a typical weekend.
5. More than 70,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 report having been
too intoxicated to know if they consented to having sex.
4. At both 2- and 4-year colleges, the heaviest drinkers make the lowest grades.
3. 95% percent of violent crime on college campuses is alcohol-related,
and 90% of college rapes involve alcohol use by the victim and/or assailant.
2. Approximately 5% of 4-year college students are involved with the police as a result of alcohol consumption.
An estimated 110,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are arrested for
an alcohol-related violation such as public drunkenness or
driving under the influence each year.
And the number one reason not to drink underage at SPSU is….
You could be arrested.
You could die.