SPSU relies on Hornet Alert to reach students, faculty and staff with important, urgent information whenever a campus emergency occurs. These messages are broadcast rapidly via telephone, text and e-mail messages in an effort to ensure that everyone is aware that a situation has occurred and specific actions they should take as a result.
The integrity of the Hornet Alert system depends on every member of the SPSU campus community signing up to receive these messages and keeping their contact information up-to-date. The SPSU University Police Department urges any students, faculty or staff members who haven’t been receiving alerts to take a few moments to register or update their information now.
To do so, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit www.spsu.edu/police.
2. Click on the Hornet Alert icon on the bottom right of the homepage.
3. Read the important information presented and click on the link.
4. Enter your e-mail username and password.
5. Click on Personal Information and then View Emergency Contacts to update your telephone numbers, text and e-mail addresses.