AUG. 1. 2013 – The SPSU Foundation Board of Trustees welcomed a new slate of officers to its executive board on July 1:
• Chair: Don Davidson ’77, president and CEO, Inglett & Stubbs, LLC;
• Vice chair: Trent Turk ’86, president and CEO, GeoSurvey Ltd.;
• Treasurer: Clark Hungerford, vice president, Vinings Bank;
• Secretary: Dr. Ron Dempsey, vice president, University Advancement, SPSU;
• Past Chair: Daryle Higginbotham ’89, president of Marietta NDT; and
• Counsel: Nick Papleacos, attorney, Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, Williams & Aughtry.
The SPSU Foundation is the primary link between the university and the community it serves. Formed in 1976 to assist the university with fundraising, the 501(c)(3) organization promotes the cause of higher education, expands educational opportunities and acquires, invests and administers private gifts donated to fulfill the mission of the university. A board of trustees governs the foundation. Elected officers generally serve a three-year term. The executive and full board of trustees meet quarterly.