Archives and Special Collections materials are often fragile in page or binding, and
frequently represent unique items that are difficult or impossible to replace. Consequently
the library staff asks you to take special care in using these materials.
Usage and Handling
- Use of materials requires registration and presentation of appropriate identification.
- Archives and Special Collections materials do not circulate. All materials must be
used within the Archives Room under staff supervision.
- Personal belongings (backpacks, purses, etc.) must be stored separately during visits.
- Pencils and blank paper are the only items allowed inside the Archives Room.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are not allowed in the Archives Room.
- Hands must be clean and dry. Users may be asked to wear gloves provided.
- Please handle all materials carefully. Do not alter the materials or their arrangement
in any way.
- Photocopies or scans of material can usually be made for personal research purposes,
unless duplication would injure the original or violate donor agreements or copyright
- The charge for photocopying is 10¢ per page, payable in cash or check at the Circulation
- Reproductions are to be used for personal research only and must not be copied or
- Please consult with the archivist for large numbers of reproductions or reproductions
of oversized materials, which may require additional time, conditions, or charges
- Permission to reproduce does not constitute permission to publish. It is the researcher’s
responsibility to secure permission to publish from the copyright holder. Whenever
possible, the archivist will provide information about copyright holders.
>> >> >>