What is the two–year plan?
Since we believe that advising is an extremely important part of a successful experience at SPSU, you are required to fill-out a two-year plan, both as an undergraduate and graduate student, based on our Permanent Schedule. This plan lists what courses you believe you will be taking over the next two years and entered into Degree Works through your Banner Web account.
You will need to fill-out this plan during your first term at SPSU or a “hold” will be placed on your record and you won’t be able to pre-register. Please see your advisor or program coordinator for more information.
You can find the “Permanent Schedule” for IT classes through our link located on the left column on any of our webpages. The schedule lists the courses we will be offering (at a minimum) each semester (beginning even and odd years fall term).
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR TWO-YEAR PLAN OF STUDY IN DEGREE WORKS:
MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING INTERNET EXPLORER.
- Login to Banner Web.
- Click "Student Services & Financial Aid"
- Click "Degree Works - Degree Audit"
- Click the Degree Works button.
- Go to "Planner."
- You must title your plan.
- You must select a term.
- You can type in courses or drag and drop.
- Do NOT type name of course - only course title and number e.g. IT 4323.
- Use the catalog year in which you started your major courses (ie., Information Technology courses).
Who’s my Advisor?
Your advisor’s name can be found on Banner Web (see below) and is listed on the Degree Works screen. You can also speak to the program coordinator for your program who will always be able to help you.
In addition, the School of Computing & Software Engineering has a full-time Academic Advisor who can help you with most questions about the general education requirements. Major requirements should be directed to your advisor or program coordinator.
How to Find Your Advisor on Banner Web:
- Go to SPSU's main website (spsu.edu).
- On the right side of the webpage, there should be a link to "Banner Web." Click on it.
- Once you have logged-in, click on "Student Services and Financial Aid."
- Click on "Registration."
- Click "My Advisor." Here you will find your advisor for each semester.
Comments and suggestions: Please contact 678-915-4292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.