Mission and Vision
The mission of the Southern Polytechnic State University
(SPSU) Department of Information Technology is to provide undergraduate and
graduate instruction, to undertake research in computing and information
technology, and to serve the community and the profession.
We are dedicated to excellence and leadership in IT
education, research and practice. Our commitment is demonstrated by:
- Providing quality education that offers opportunities
for lifelong learning at multiple academic and professional levels.
- Expanding our body of knowledge by promoting
scholarship, discovery and interdisciplinary collaborative research.
- Promoting and supporting faculty involvement in all
aspects of IT research and development.
- Encouraging faculty and students to take leadership
roles in the application of information technology to solve real-world
problems by the selection, creation, integration and administration of
- Cultivating an inclusive environment that reflects
cultural diversity and facilitates achievement of one's potential.
- Increasing awareness, visibility and recognition of the
profession of information technology.