Lawful Presence Verification
During the October 2010 meeting, the Board of Regents approved 2 new policies: Policy 4.1.6, Admission of Persons Not Lawfully in the United States, and Policy 4.3.4, Verification of Lawful Presence.
Policy 4.3.4 - Verification of Lawful Presence
Each University System institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person
applying for resident tuition status, as defined in Section 7.3 of this Policy Manual, and of every person admitted to an
institution referenced in Section 4.1.6 of this Policy Manual.
Students may provide any of the following to verify Lawful Presence:
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or U.S. territory. Photocopy is not acceptable.
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS from N-550 or N-570)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (SD-1350) or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after Jan. 1, 2008
- Current ID issued by the State of Georgia after Jan. 1, 2008
- Current military ID (service member only, not dependent)
- Current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)