Importing a Region Into SimCity 4These instructions are designed for importing the premade Future City region into your SimCity 4. However, if you need to import any other regions, such as a region that was saved from another computer, this method will also work.
- Open the .zip file that you downloaded from the Future City website. It does not matter
where you have saved it. A folder will appear in your Explorer window called "Medium
City", "Small City", or "Large City" depending on the size you downloaded.
If your computer prompts you to extract the contents of the file instead, extract to the
My Documents/SimCity 4/Regions folder (Documents/SimCity 4/Regions on an Apple computer). Then you may proceed to step 5.
- Right click on the folder (hold down CTRL and click on an Apple computer) and select
- Navigate to your My Documents/SimCity 4/Regions folder (Documents/SimCity 4/Regions on an Apple computer). You should see several other folders already in the Regions folder.
- Right click (or CTRL click on an Apple) on an open area in the My Documents/SimCity
4/Regions folder and select "Paste".
The folder will be copied into the Regions folder. The region will now appear in SimCity 4!
- To access the region, you will have to load it. From the main SimCity 4 screen, select
the leftmost button from the top menu. Then click the Load Region button (the file
folder icon) and select the new region from the list.
- The region will now be loaded and is ready to be used.