Refund Disbursement Information
In order for our students to have access to their refunds sooner, and to eliminate
the time students might waste standing in line, student refunds will be mailed to
the student’s address of record, or students can request that refunds be processed
through direct deposit.
Mailing Address of Record – A student’s address of record is the official address on file with the University.
A student’s address of record can be updated through Banner Web or by contacting the
- If you have multiple addresses listed in Banner Web, your check will be mailed to
the address listed as your mailing address.
- All other addresses must be coded as inactive within Banner Web.
Signing up for direct deposit at SPSU is simple:
- Log into your Banner Web Account
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select eDeposit (7th option from the top)
Enter your banking information*
* Direct Deposit must go through a pre-note process which takes at least 15-30 business
Benefits of Direct Deposit
The benefits of Direct Deposit are many and varied, but for starters, they include
Direct Deposit is simple
- Once you have signed-up for Direct Deposit, you do not have to go to the bank to deposit
- Your money is automatically deposited into your account on time, every time, and you
do not have to be on campus or even in town!
Direct Deposit is safe
- Direct Deposit payments never get lost.
- Direct Deposit is confidential. Money is transferred electronically and passes through
fewer hands than a check.
- Problems with Direct Deposit, which are rare, are quickly resolved.
- Almost 85 percent of identity theft starts with someone seeing your personal financial
information on a paper check, billing statement, or bank account statement. Once electronic
payments are set up, the money travels electronically, greatly reducing the number
of people who see your personal information.
>> >> >>