BA English & Professional Communication Degree Program Requirements
As an English & Professional Communication major in the English, Technical Communication & Media Arts department at Southern Polytechnic State University, your degree program will be 120 hours total.
Your degree requirements include general Arts & Sciences and major core courses. These core requirements fall in the following categories:
- Area A: Essential Skills (9 hours)
- Area B: Institutional Options (4 hours)
- Area C: Humanities/Fine Arts (6 hours)
- Area D: Science, Mathematics, and Technology (11 hours)
- Area E: Social Sciences (12 hours)
- Area F: Core Courses in Major Field (18 hours)
In addition, you will take
- Courses in the Major (18 hours)
- Departmental electives (12 hours)
- Free Electives (15 hours)
You will choose a concentration or a minor (15 hours):
- Concentrations: Professional Writing & Communication or Media, Communication & Culture or
- Minors: International Studies or Spanish
- Download the advising form for the BA English & Professional Communication degree program to see the courses you'll choose from in each of the above categories.
- Review your course options for available courses descriptions and learning outcomes.
*** Broken a:17187 spsu: etcma_footer ***