Apply to an MSc degree program
We admit new students for the Fall and Spring semesters only.
MSc Degree Programs
- MSc in Information Design & Communication (36 credit hours)
- MSc in Information & Instructional Design (36 credit hours)
Students applying to the degree programs must have:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- GRE minimum scores of:
- 153 for Verbal Reasoning
- 144 for Quantitative Reasoning
- 4 or above on the writing component
- GPA at or above the university’s 2.75 minimum
Before starting the application process: Please contact Ms. Donna McPherson at email@example.com and provide her with your
name, email, and degree/certificate selection. Ms. McPherson will help you with the
process and follow-up on your application.
To complete the application process with the Graduate School, students must submit
the following to Graduate Admissions:
- completed application form. You apply online through the Graduate School's application center.
- application fee of $50. This is non-refundable and payable online.
- transcripts. One official sealed transcript sent directly from each college attended.
- immunization certification. Please print and sign the waiver on the back stating enrollment in online courses only.
- statement of purpose essay. See the Graduate School's information on the statement of purpose essay.
- professional resume. This resume details current and previous work experience
To complete the application process with the department, students must write an essay.
This essay is timed; topics are provided by the department.
- Contact the Program Assistant, Donna McPherson, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 678-915-7202, to
schedule a day and time to write the essay.
The essay topic and instructions will be sent via email, on the day scheduled. The
applicant is responsible for timing the essay and sending an electronic copy back
to the department within two hours of beginning the essay.
NOTE: students who do not have a background in writing and/or graphics may be given provisional
admission status and required to take IDC 5001 and/or IDC 5002 as preparation for
the degree program. A grade of B or above is required for full admission into the
degree program. Students may also self-select for either or both of IDC 5001 and 5002.
Your application materials are due for consideration by these dates:
- July 1 for Fall Semester (begins mid-August)
- November 1 for Spring Semester (begins early January)
English, Technical Communication & Media Arts Department | Southern Polytechnic State University
Atrium Building, J333 | 1100 South Marietta Parkway | Marietta, GA 30060
678-915-7202 | 678-915-7425 (fax) | email@example.com | Site Map