Employee Handbook

» SPSU Home / Classified Employee Handbook / Insurance and Health Benefits / Group Health Plan and Health Maintenance Organizations

Group Health Plan and Health Maintenance Organizations

Southern Polytechnic State University provides for eligible employees and dependents, through the Board of Regents and the Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States, an optional health care plan which includes hospitalization and other medical benefits.

If you elect to participate in the health care program, the college will contribute approximately 70% of the cost for both you and your dependents and the remaining 30% will be born by you.

Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO’s) are also available with the university making the same dollar amount of contribution to whichever plan you choose to take. You have the option of changing from one plan to another each year during an open enrollment period.