Withdrawing A Class
Withdrawing from a class occurs following the Drop/Add period. You will receive a
"W" if you withdraw before the eCore Midpoint (usually different from SPSU Midpoint).
Please see the eCore Academic Calendar for correct Withdrawal dates at Southern Poly. After the deadline, you will receive
a "WF." You will be monetarily responsible for the cost of that class unless you have
completely withdrawn from school, and then it will be pro-rated. You should speak
with your academic advisor concerning how the withdrawal may affect you.
- Click here to begin the withdrawal process for SPSU eCore.
- You will find the official SPSU withdrawal policy. If you still wish to withdraw,
then click "Yes, I understand and wish to withdraw."
- The eCore Withdrawal Form will appear. YOU MUST complete this form and submit it.
The eCore Withdrawal Form is different than the SPSU withdrawal form. No other withdrawal method will be accepted. You only need to fill out the form once, please. Emails and phone calls will not
be accepted as official withdrawal methods from eCore.
- You will be withdrawn from your eCore class in Banner once Extended University and
the Registrar's Office receive that official notice. This could take a couple of days.
You will then lose access to your class. The effective date will be the day you fill
out the eCore Withdrawal Form, regardless of when your class is withdrawn from Banner.
- Check your Banner account to make sure the withdrawal has been completed.
- If there are any unresolved issues, you will be contacted either by Extended University,
the Registrar’s Office, or the Business Office.
Withdrawing after the Midpoint
Students withdrawing after the withdrawal deadline date (eCore Midpoint) receive a
grade of "WF" for the course, except in cases of hardship or extenuating circumstances
as approved by the faculty. You will still need to fill out the online eCore Withdrawal Form.