Admission Requirements for Masters Program
Admission to the Master of Science with a major in Construction Management is open to persons holding the bachelor or higher degrees from an accredited college or university. Preference in admission will be given to applicants having professional experience in a construction work environment. The admission procedure is competitive in that students will be admitted only if academic accomplishments and work experience demonstrate that they can successfully complete the program. Full details can be found by selecting the links below. The CM Graduate Committee will review the admissions documents and make recommendations to the Graduate Coordinator who will send a letter of acceptance.
Admission ProcedureAll admissions materials must be received by the dates in the following schedule:
July 1 for the Fall term
November 1 for the Spring term
April 1 for the Summer term
For international applicants (applying from outside the United States) materials must be received by the dates in the following schedule:
May 1 for the Fall Term
September 1 for the Spring term
February 1 for the Summer term
Application materials include the application form, immunization form, transcripts of all college course work and TOEFL scores (and other international student requirements as applicable).
All applicants for admission to the Master of Science program with a major in Construction Management must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- an application for admission to the program,
- an official copy of scores of the GRE or the GMAT
- an official transcript from each college the applicant has attended (Student who have academic work outside of the U.S. must have an Official Course-by-Course Transcript Evaluation with Grade Point Average calculation completed. Official Transcript Translation if coursework is not in English from accredited institution. Credentialing Agency accepted: WES, ECE and Josef Silny)
- a certificate of immunization
and in addition:
- at least three recommendation forms which have been completed by supervisors, professors, or professional colleagues, one of which must be from the current supervisor. These must be sent directly to the Construction Program.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Science program in Construction must meet the following criteria: Regular Admission: A score of 850 or better on the General Test (verbal and quantitative) of the GRE or a score of 500 on the GMAT; and an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or better on a 4.00 scale.
Acceptance to the MS Construction Program
Upon receipt of all completed application materials the student is eligible for review by the CM Graduate Committee. Application materials include the application form, immunization form, transcripts of all college course work, GRE or GMAT scores and recommendation forms (plus statement of career goals if for conditional status) by the Construction Program office.