Accelerated Training in Healthcare Project Management
- This 40-hour course will guide students chronologically through a typical project
to facilitate their understanding of the work and considerations they will encounter
at different points throughout the project.
- Course content will be organized around PMI’s five process groups (Initiate, Plan,
Execute, Monitor/Control, Close) and relevant content from each of the nine PMI knowledge
areas will be discussed as part of the process group. As an example, during the Planning
process, the course will cover the key activities that Project Managers need to address
in Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Risk Management, etc.
- The course will employ a case study relevant to Healthcare Information Technology.
- Classroom and homework exercises will reinforce the concepts discussed during class.
- Students will develop key project deliverables (e.g. Charter, State of Work, Requirements
Document, Risk Register, etc.) for the case study and share these with the class
- The course does not replace the PMP preparatory course. It will, however, incorporate
a limited number of tools and techniques from each knowledge area (e.g., duration
estimating techniques and duration compression techniques in Time, contingency reserve
calculations in Risk, Budget Estimates in Cost, etc.) 3.5 CEUs
Prerequisite: Minimum two years of project management.
Call for dates 915.5531