Graduate Admission Requirements and Instructions for Completing the Application Materials for Master of Science In Accounting (MSA) Program
The MSA program has a policy of rolling admissions. An admission decision will be made within 10 business days after your application packet is complete.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.0. Special consideration will be given to applicants with GPAs below 2.75 who have obtained the CPA or CMA designations and/or who have substantial relevant experience.
- An undergraduate degree in any field with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.0;
at least 24 hours in general business courses; and completion of the following four
courses (or equivalent) with a minimum passing grade of “C”:
a. Intermediate Accounting I
b. Intermediate Accounting II
c. Advanced Financial Accounting
d. Cost Management
- Non-refundable $50 processing fee
Those with a CPA and/or 5 years of experience in the accounting field will receive special consideration.
International Student Admission Requirements:
- All of the above requirements
- Official TOEFL scores (if English is not your native language) 550 paper based score, 213 computer based score, or 79 internet based score
- International students are required to submit the following additional documents: TOEFL scores sent directly from the Education Testing Service, Confidential Financial Certificate, and High School Leaving Certificate (Educational Summary)
- SPSU reserves the right to request a transcript evaluation from a credible evaluation agency. SPSU approved agencies:
A provisional admission will be given to students who do not have the four required accounting courses listed above. Students who earn a B in each course will be fully admitted into the program; otherwise a student will be placed on probation or dismissed from the program.
What documents should I submit in order to be considered for admission?
In order for an application to be complete, all required documents must be submitted and evaluated.
• An application for admission to a graduate program
• An official transcript from each college previously attended
• Three letters of recommendation from faculty, work supervisors, clients, or professional colleagues
• A description of relevant work experience, if applicable
• A Statement of Purpose, describing professional career goals and how completion of the graduate program will help achieve them
Note: Seewww.FAFSA.ed.gov to begin the financial aid process.
For detailed information, please visit the SPSU Graduate Programs Admission page at
SPSU mailing address:
Southern Polytechnic State University
1100 South Marietta Parkway
Marietta, GA 30060-2896