If you are a new or current student seeking accommodations provided through Student Disability Services (SDS), we are excited to meet you and assist you with receiving accommodations for your pursuits at SPSU.
Feel free to contact SDS with any questions regarding the process.
Process for registering for services:
- Review and obtain documentation criteria from your professional that satisfies the Documentation Criteria.
- Complete the Request Accommodations Form.
- You may bring any documentation you may have to this intake appointment. Or you can
request that your professional fax it to Student Disability Services (SDS) at 678-915-7913.
During the Intake Appointment, the coordinator will:
- Obtain a release of information
- Have an interactive discussion about your accommodation concerns
- Discuss the policies and procedures for accommodations and strategies for being a successful student at SPSU
- Answer any questions you may have; or direct you to the appropriate people for follow-up
Reasonable Time Frame
Self-disclosure and documentation can be initiated anytime during the year. However, reasonable time must be allowed before the student can expect accommodations to be in place. Accommodations cannot be retroactive, and begin only after documentation and reasonable time for implementation is allowed.