General Education Learning Outcomes
All graduates of Southern Polytechnic State University will be able to:
Last update: October 22, 2007
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze and interpret oral and written arguments and materials;
- Demonstrate an ability to write and communicate effectively in various modes and media.
- Express and manipulate mathematical information, concepts, and thoughts in verbal, numeric, graphical and symbolic form while solving a variety of problems;
- Use statistics and/or formulae to understand quantitative data.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve multiple-step problems through different (inductive, deductive and symbolic) modes of reasoning.
- Describe the historical evolution and contemporary impact of political, economic, and social relationships within and between nations;
- Demonstrate an ability to describe, and explain the significance of, commonalities and differences among human cultures;
- Understand and apply basic scientific principles, theories, and laws;
- Critically analyze the role in and impact of science and technology on society;
- Demonstrate an ability to make informed aesthetic judgments about the arts, such as visual, performing, and literary.